PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Here at Merlin Motorsport, we take your privacy seriously and treat your personal data with utmost respect. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information from our customers and people who visit our website and telephone / visit our shop, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
This Policy applies as between you, the User of this website and MERLIN MOTORSPORT (trading as MERLIN MAILORDER LIMITED), the owner and provider of this website.
By using our website, you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you have any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices please contact us by email to email@example.com, by writing to Merlin Motorsport, Castle Combe Race Circuit, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 7EY. Alternatively, you can telephone 01249 782101.
1. WHO ARE WE?
We’re MERLIN MOTORSPORT, trading as MERLIN MAILORDER LIMITED (registered in England 01924652).
2. DEFINITIONS & INTERPRETATION
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Data" means collectively all information that you submit to MERLIN MOTORSPORT via the website or over the phone or in person in our shop. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998.
"Cookie" means a small text file placed on your computer by our Website when you visit certain pages of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website.
"User" means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by MERLIN MOTORSPORT and acting in the course of their employment.
“MERLIN MOTORSPORT” also means Merlin Mail Order Ltd
3. SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
This Policy applies only to the actions of MERLIN MOTORSPORT and Users with respect to this Website and collecting Data from our customers over the phone and at the shop counter. It does not extend to any third party websites that can be accessed from this Website or links from our e-newsletters or delivery company tracking emails including, but not limited to, links we may provide to our supplier websites, Racing association websites or social media websites.
4. WHAT INFORMATION ARE WE COLLECTING FROM YOU?
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by this Website from time to time:
- name and title
- address information including postcode
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- financial information such as credit / debit card information
- IP address (automatically collected)
- web browser type and version (automatically collected)
- operating system (automatically collected)
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
5. HOW IS THIS INFORMATION BEING COLLECTED FROM YOU?
We obtain information about you when you use our website, over the phone or in person, for example, when you contact us about products and services, make a purchase, create an online account, or if you register to receive one of our email newsletters.
6. HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION BEING USED?
Any, or all of the above, data may be required by us from time to time to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our services via our website, over the phone or in person. We may use your information to:
- Process an order you have submitted
- Send order tracking information via third party courier / delivery company
- Notify you of changes to our services
- Send you email e-news communications which you have consented to receive, and that may be of interest to you. These may include technical advice and top tips, product recommendations, product information, promotions, offers and competitions and other race relevant news.
- Internal record keeping;
- Social media account search of our existing customers
- Dealing with entries into a competition
7. WHO HAS ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION?
We will never sell your data or share your information with third parties for marketing purposes unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by court order or for prevention of fraud or other crime. We promise to keep your details safe and secure.
8. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES & SERVICES
MERLIN MOTORSPORT may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items. The providers of such services have access to limited personal Data provided by Users of this Website. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that MERLIN MOTORSPORT requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
10. CONTROLLING USE OF YOUR DATA
Your data will be used to process orders and keep you informed of your order progress. If you do not wish to be informed please advise us at the time of placing your order. You will be given the option to join our e-news mailing list from which you can unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe link in any email. Alternatively you can request to be removed from the list by email, phone or in person.
11. YOUR RIGHT TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION
You may access most areas of the Website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on the Website you may be required to submit certain Data e.g. during checkout.
12. ACCESSING YOUR DATA
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by MERLIN MOTORSPORT as well as a right to request corrections, blocking of and deletion of the Data. You also have the right to revoke any given permissions at all times. You can find the terms here at all times. If you have set up a Merlin Motorsport website account with password then the details about your recent orders can be found in your customer login area.
Data security is of great importance to MERLIN MOTORSPORT and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website, over the phone or at the shop counter.
Cookies are small text files send to your computer which identify you to a website when you return; these allow our site to remember small bits of information, like the items in your cart.
15. CHANGES OF BUSINESS OWNERSHIP & CONTROL
- MERLIN MOTORSPORT may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of MERLIN MOTORSPORT. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
- In the event that any Data submitted by Users is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
16. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
MERLIN MOTORSPORT reserves the right to change this Policy from time to time, or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on this Policy page so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. You are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.