Jobs at Merlin
If you’re interested in working with us at Merlin then please watch our video and read all below.
If you think you might be a good fit then we’d be very happy to hear from you.
Sent your CV and/or letter to -
FAO: Steven Roberts
Castle Combe Race Circuit
To work at Merlin you’d need the following essential qualities
- Good customer service skills for helping customers over the phone, by email, realtime online chat and over the shop counter
- Good computer administration skills for processing orders by web, over the phone and serving at the shop counter
- Good communication skills for advising and answering customer queries in person, by email and over the phone
- A team player, also able to work on own initiative, adapting to a busy and sometimes challenging environment
- Hands-on, technically minded, mechanically capable with tools, practical thinker (training provided by Merlin)
- Willing to be flexible in a varied role. Eg, placing purchase orders when items out of stock, processing returns and exchanges, guiding customers to best choices and alternative best choices where appropriate.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities throughout the day to ensure customer orders are processed and delivered in the quickest possible time
- Happy to assist with picking and packing orders and processing orders through dispatch systems
- Keen to develop and take on the required technical knowledge and know-how to become technically expert over time (training provided by Merlin)
- Desire to acquire practical skills such as assembling hose systems, servicing fire extinguishers and assembling simple electrical components (training provided by Merlin)
- A keen interest in Motorsport
- Understand Merlin’s business goals, working to achieve whats best and right for the business
- Willing to work some Saturdays
The following skills/experience would be desirable (but not essential)
- A degree of knowledge/ experience in motor engineering
- Customer service background
What it’s like to work at
Merlin has grown from a small shed at the side of Castle Combe race circuit nearly 30 years ago to a company which provides over 20,000 race parts, accessories and race wear items to the Motorsport industry worldwide.
We sell products through our website, catalogue and shop and offer a range of workshop services from our premises.
Our focus is on providing best quality products and the best possible service. Merlin has earned a reputation for it’s technical expertise, gained through motor racing and race engineering background and technical training.
At Merlin, whilst we each have our own responsibilities we also all muck in and turn our hands to what’s necessary when needed. Everyone’s involved in dealing with customers, processing orders and adapting to changing priorities throughout the day to ensure customers get what they need quickly. At very busy times it’s all hands to the pumps, we work as a team, learn from each other and we have a laugh while we’re doing it.
Our small team (just 10 of us in total) are all based at our HQ in the Paddock at Castle Combe circuit. Though we’re small in terms of staff numbers, we manage huge supplies of stock and operate with fairly sophisticated systems and processes. Our slick ways of working allow us the advantage of time with customers to give the best possible service and to develop essential knowledge and skills.
We’re interested in working with people like ourselves. So, if you enjoy dealing with customers and the racing fraternity and have an appetite for knowledge and technical challenges then please contact us.
You might be without relevant work experience but extremely keen to learn, or you may have a degree of experience and appropriate background - either way we’d be happy to hear from you.
For the right person there are good prospects at Merlin and sensible remuneration for proven ability and commitment.